consists of two words: Abdomen
means Tummy and plasty
means formation of a specified part. Here are a few things to do:
1. Abdominoplasty consists of a set of different operations that are all called the same. In other words, the extent of different types of abdominoplasty can be very different. These actions can be either a smaller operation (mini-abdominoplasty) or a wider one (abdominal and lumbar abdominal abdominoplasty or, in other words, circumferential). It can be done with or without suctioning and pulling abdominal wall fats (lipo-abdominoplasty).
2. Abdominoplasty itself is a great practice. There is a great deal of preparation needed to perform this operation, and it must be done in safe surgical centers with standard equipment.
3. This should be done by a trusted surgeon and preferably a specialist in plastic and reconstructive surgery who can find their names here
4. Before volunteering for surgery, it is best to try other ways to improve the appearance of your abdomen, such as using proper diets and regular exercise. Even if these methods are not completely effective, they still get the best results from those who have enough motivation to change their lifestyle from a sedentary lifestyle to a healthy, vibrant one.
5. Abdominoplasty is not a weight-loss procedure. In other words, if you are overweight and want to lose weight and not just want to improve the appearance of your abdomen, you should avoid it. Weight-loss surgeries are operations performed on the stomach and intestine and are known as bariatric surgery. Bariatric surgeries cause a person to be reluctant to eat too much food or if they eat these foods reduce their absorption from the intestine and gradually lose weight. However, after weight loss as a result of these surgeries, there may be excessive drooping and loosening of the skin around the body, including the abdomen, where abdominoplasty may be performed to improve the appearance of the abdomen.
6. In abdominoplasty surgery, there are usually two incisions, the first of which is a large incision under the abdomen, starting from the anterior superior pelvic junction on one side and continuing to the opposite side and the other incision around the navel. The incisions are, of course, in an area that may not be visible by wearing underwear as well as inside the navel, but will not disappear completely.
7. In women who decide to have a pregnancy, it is best to postpone the pregnancy after breastfeeding and finishing breastfeeding, because pregnancy can destroy the outcome of the operation and cause abdominal wall reshaping.
8. Cigarette smoking is one of the cases that increases the risk of complications, including the risk of necrosis and blackening of the lower part of the abdominal wall and should be discontinued before performing abdominoplasty.
9. This surgery can also have side effects. In addition to the anesthetic side effects and a number of general complications of surgery such as bleeding or infection, there are specific side effects, including the possibility of necrosis or umbilical vein, necrosis or Blackening of part of the abdominal wall is noted to create abnormalities in the abdominal wall that sometimes require corrective surgery.
10. Postoperatively, there may be a need to close the waistband for a few months and avoid heavy exercise for one to two months.